What does a React Developer do?
What exactly does React Developer do?
What skills should a React Developer have?
Organisations have specific requirements for each front-end specialist.
React Developers should have skills such as:
- developing mobile applications using JS, CSS and HTML5,
- fluent knowledge of ReactJS,
- reading business documentation and implementing functionality based on it,
- using graphic design to create templates,
- preparing technical documentation.
Working on code is of course not everything. A React Developer should set long-term optimization trends for the application. In the course of their work, they will be involved in assessing what the software development needs are.
Development of mobile applications
The next step of getting familiar with React can be learning React Native. With this technology, the code you create allows you to release applications for both iOS and Android mobile devices. This still intensively developed tool is perfect for creating simpler cross-platform applications. You can use rich mobile user interface libraries, as well as native components. Additionally, in the case of iOS, you can use classes created in Swift or Objective-C, and in the case of Android – in Java.
Ability to work with HTML and CSS
Every front-end web developer needs to be able to create a user interface. For this reason, knowledge of HTML and CSS is essential. The same is expected of React Developers.
HTML5, or CSS skills that are essential include:
- working with CSS selectors,
- writing semantic HTML tags,
- knowledge of Flexbox layout,
- knowledge of the principles of responsiveness.
Knowing HTML and DOM, you will soon be able to learn to use JSX as well, which is used in the React ecosystem.
- arrow functions,
- using the DOM to create and modify HTML elements, as well as their attributes.
What do you need to know about React?
The most important skills that a front-end developer must have include:
- ability to create and maintain components,
- knowledge of useMemo and useCallback and hooks in general,
- optimisation of application rendering,
- creating structured JSX elements.
The specific requirements for what a React Developer should be able to know directly depend on the expectations of the particular organisation.
Why is the use of ReactJS growing in popularity?
React is also used to:
- creating user interface components,
- handling the view layer for the application,
- building a user interface for single-page applications.
At the same time, React is friendly to people who would like to learn it. This makes a big difference in terms of the time you need to spend learning the skills.
The most important features of ReactJS include:
If you think being a React Developer is for you, you can browse our careers page and see if you can find an offer that’s right for you.